What should I know about zileuton before using it?

Zileutin should not be used by people who have allergies to the ingredients in zileuton, use pimozide, use antihistamines or have liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women, people 65 and older and children under 12 years of age who may take zileuton, should evaluate the risks with their doctors. All people taking zileuton may develop liver problems or mental issues, such as suicidal thoughts. Everyone taking the drug should avoid using alcohol to reduce the chances of liver problems. Call your doctor as soon as you see signs of liver problems or mental issues. Talk to your doctor about any conditions you have or have had in the past, especially alcohol use, dark urine, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, yellow skin or eyes and problems with your liver, mood or mental state. Tell your doctor about any allergies you have and discuss all current medications and supplements your are taking, before starting zileuton.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...