Should I change my diet when taking aminophylline?

Some common side effects of aminophylline include restlessness, sleeplessness and stomach pain. So drinking or eating foods that are high in caffeine, such as coffee, tea, "energy" drinks, cocoa and chocolate, may compound the effects of aminophylline. Limit your consumption of these foods while you take this medication. Follow any other dietary instructions your doctor gives you while you take aminophylline.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...