Can I safely use Advair HFA while I am pregnant?

Advair HFA has been placed in Pregnancy Category C, which means that risks to the developing baby cannot entirely be ruled out. Current research in both humans and animals doesn't give enough information to say for certain what might happen to the baby with long-term exposure to the drug.

During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
What medications interact with long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
If you are taking bromocriptine, digoxin, or a theophylline, a long-acting beta-agonist may not be a...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...