Is it safe to use Advair Diskus if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you should talk with your doctor about the benefits and risks of using Advair Diskus. Studies with mice have found that very high doses of the two drugs in Advair Diskus (much higher than you would take) can cause birth defects. But there are no controlled studies examining whether Advair Diskus can harm human fetuses.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...