What should I know about using the Advair Diskus system?

The Advair Diskus system uses a special device called the Diskus to deliver the right dose of medicine. You should never breathe into the Diskus or take it apart. You do not use the Diskus with a spacer as is done with other similar medications. After each dose, rinse your mouth with water and spit the water out. Keep it dry and never wash the mouthpiece or any part of the Diskus.

Make sure you completely understand how to maintain your Diskus. Ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider to show you what you need to do.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...