What should I know about using the Advair Diskus system?

The Advair Diskus system uses a special device called the Diskus to deliver the right dose of medicine. You should never breathe into the Diskus or take it apart. You do not use the Diskus with a spacer as is done with other similar medications. After each dose, rinse your mouth with water and spit the water out. Keep it dry and never wash the mouthpiece or any part of the Diskus.

Make sure you completely understand how to maintain your Diskus. Ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider to show you what you need to do.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...