What should I know about using the Advair Diskus system?

The Advair Diskus system uses a special device called the Diskus to deliver the right dose of medicine. You should never breathe into the Diskus or take it apart. You do not use the Diskus with a spacer as is done with other similar medications. After each dose, rinse your mouth with water and spit the water out. Keep it dry and never wash the mouthpiece or any part of the Diskus.

Make sure you completely understand how to maintain your Diskus. Ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider to show you what you need to do.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...