What should I know about formoterol before I take it?

You should know that formoterol belongs to a class of medications known as long-acting beta agonists, one of which was shown in a study to increase the risk of severe asthma attacks in some patients. As a result, most doctors only prescribe it in combination with other drugs. After your symptoms are under control, the doctor will usually tell patients to stop using formoterol and rely on another medication.
Talk to your doctor also if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or breastfeed, have allergies to any medicine or to milk proteins or if you have any of the following conditions:
  • thyroid disease
  • diabetes
  • high blood pressure
  • an irregular heartbeat
  • heart disease

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...