Is it safe for my child to take albuterol sulfate syrup?

As long as your child is over the age of 2, albuterol syrup is considered safe. This formulation of the asthma drug is intended for pediatric patients, though adults may use it too.

Other orally administered forms of albuterol, such as tablets, should be used only by adults and children 6 and older. Do not give this medicine to your child without talking to the doctor first. Follow the doctor's instructions exactly.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
Does ipratropium nasal spray have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nosebleeds, a stuffy nose, and a dry nose, mouth, or throat.  T...