Is Dulera safe for my bones?

Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may increase your risk for the brittle bone disease osteoporosis, especially if you take the drug for a long time. One of the active ingredients in Dulera is mometasone, a corticosteroid. It helps control asthma symptoms by reducing inflammation and swelling in airways. However, corticosteroids may cause bone loss. Talk to your doctor, especially if you have a personal or family history of osteoporosis. Your doctor may want to monitor your bone health with bone density tests while you're taking Dulera and also have you take other steps to lower your risk for osteoporosis, such as eating calcium- and vitamin-D-rich foods, taking these nutrients as supplements, exercising and quitting smoking if you smoke.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...