Is arformoterol safe for my child?

No, arformoterol is not used in children. The safety and efficacy in children have not been studied. Arformoterol is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) which includes emphysema and chronic inflammation of the airways (bronchitis). COPD does not occur in children. The most common breathing problem in children is asthma. Arformoterol does not treat asthma and may actually increase asthma-related deaths.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What medications interact with long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
If you are taking bromocriptine, digoxin, or a theophylline, a long-acting beta-agonist may not be a...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...