If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Brovana?

If you're pregnant, it may not be safe for you to take Brovana (arformoterol), a drug prescribed to relax and open the airways in people who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a group of lung problems that includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. There is not enough research in pregnant women to know for certain whether Brovana is safe to take during pregnancy. Animal studies suggest that Brovana may harm a developing fetus, but more research is needed. If you become pregnant while taking Brovana, call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...