If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Brovana?

If you're pregnant, it may not be safe for you to take Brovana (arformoterol), a drug prescribed to relax and open the airways in people who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a group of lung problems that includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. There is not enough research in pregnant women to know for certain whether Brovana is safe to take during pregnancy. Animal studies suggest that Brovana may harm a developing fetus, but more research is needed. If you become pregnant while taking Brovana, call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...