How should I use fluticasone-salmeterol?

You should use fluticasone-salmeterol exactly as directed by your doctor.
To use fluticasone-salmeterol diskus, follow these steps:
  • Fill in the label with the date you opened the package and the date when you will replace the inhaler. Usually one month later.
  • Placing your thumb on the grip and push it away from you as far as it will go until the mouthpiece clicks into position.
  • With the mouthpiece toward you, hold the inhaler at a level horizontal position.
  • Slide the lever away from you until it clicks. Every time you cock the inhaler in this way, a dose is loaded. Avoid wasting doses by closing or tilting the inhaler or moving the lever unnecessarily.
  • Holding the inhaler away from your mouth and keeping it level, breathe out as much air as possible.
  • Still keeping the inhaler level, put the mouthpiece to your lips andquickly breathe in  through it.
  • Take the mouthpiece out of your mouth and hold your breath for as long as you can, up to 10 seconds.
  • Slowly exhale.
  • Swish water in your mouth and spit it out, without swallowing.
  • Press on the thumb grip to click the inhaler shut.

Avoid breathing out into the inhaler or washing any part of the inhaler.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...