How should I take pirbuterol acetate?

You should use pirbuterol exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be one or two puffs every four to six hours to help prevent or relieve their breathing symptoms. Shake the inhaler before using. Holding it upright, breathe out as you normally would. Seal the mouthpiece tightly with your lips and breathe in. When you hear the medicine release (usually with the sound of a puff), do not stop inhaling. Take the inhaler out of your mouth, and hold your breath for a full 10 seconds. Exhale slowly. When you are finished with your dosage, replace the mouthpiece cover, making sure that the lever is down.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...