How should I use Serevent?

Serevent (salmeterol) comes in the form of dry powder that is inhaled via a diskus. Serevent should be used no more than twice a day. If you are using Serevent to prevent an exercise-induced bronchospasm, use it 30 minutes before your workout. If necessary, your doctor can instruct you on how to use your inhaler. You should see results within a week. Be aware that Serevent is used only for the prevention of an asthma attack or COPD. It is not intended for use after an asthma attack has begun. Serevent is not meant to be used alone; it should always be paired with another asthma or COPD medication.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

what should i know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator ?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
how effective is ipratropium nasal spray ?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems ?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
does omalizumab interact with any other medications ?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...