How should I use Serevent?

Serevent (salmeterol) comes in the form of dry powder that is inhaled via a diskus. Serevent should be used no more than twice a day. If you are using Serevent to prevent an exercise-induced bronchospasm, use it 30 minutes before your workout. If necessary, your doctor can instruct you on how to use your inhaler. You should see results within a week. Be aware that Serevent is used only for the prevention of an asthma attack or COPD. It is not intended for use after an asthma attack has begun. Serevent is not meant to be used alone; it should always be paired with another asthma or COPD medication.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...