How should I take Combivent?

Combivent is taken by inhalation, either using an inhaler or a nebulizer. The medication is a combination of two drugs in a solution that is administered as a vapor you inhale. Usually, you'll take four puffs of the medication per day. It is important not to take more doses than prescribed, and to take no more than 12 puffs over a 24-hour period. Each Combivent canister is meant to provide a set number of puffs, usually 200. Keep track of how many puffs you've inhaled; once you reach the set number, through the canister away, even if it feels like there's still medication inside.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...