How should I take Combivent?

Combivent is taken by inhalation, either using an inhaler or a nebulizer. The medication is a combination of two drugs in a solution that is administered as a vapor you inhale. Usually, you'll take four puffs of the medication per day. It is important not to take more doses than prescribed, and to take no more than 12 puffs over a 24-hour period. Each Combivent canister is meant to provide a set number of puffs, usually 200. Keep track of how many puffs you've inhaled; once you reach the set number, through the canister away, even if it feels like there's still medication inside.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...