How should I store ipratropium?

Ipratropium inhalers, nebulizer solution and nasal spray should be kept and used at room temperature, ideally around 77 degrees F, but no less than 59 and no more than 86 degrees F. It is important that the inhaler or nasal spray never be frozen or exposed to temperatures over 120 degrees F, because this could cause them to burst. For example, you should not leave your inhaler or nasal spray in a hot car where the temperatures can easily climb that high. You should put the cap of the inhaler or pump back on tightly after each use. It is important to wash the inhaler's mouthpiece at least once a week with warm water and dry it thoroughly. The nasal spray has a green safety clip that you should replace each time if you are going to be carrying the pump in your pocket or purse. This medication should always be stored out of the reach of children.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does ipratropium nasal spray have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nosebleeds, a stuffy nose, and a dry nose, mouth, or throat.  T...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...