How should I use Spiriva?

Open the HandiHaler device and the blister containing the capsule. Put one capsule into the Handihaler device. Press and then release the green piercing button on the side of the Handihaler device. Do not press the green button more than once. Breathe out fully but do not breathe into the mouthpiece of the Handihaler device. Hold the Handihaler base, put the mouthpiece between your lips and close your lips around it. Breathe in slowly and deeply through your mouth as you can hear or feel the Spiriva capsule vibrate. Do not breathe through your nose. Hold your breath and remove the mouthpiece from your mouth. Then, breathe normally again. After you are finished, open the mouthpiece and remove the used Spiriva capsule and throw it away. Do not store any used or unused capsule in the Handihaler device.

Finally, rinse the Handihaler device with warm water and keep it dry. Spiriva is usually used once a day. The Spiriva capsule should not be swallowed. Keep each Spiriva capsule in its blister pack until you are ready to place the capsule into the HandiHaler and use the device for your dose. For best results, use Spiriva regularly and make sure to refill your prescription before you run out. Store Spiriva at room temperature away from moisture and heat.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...