How do I know when it is time to replace my current Advair HFA canister?

The Advair HFA canister has a counter on it that keeps track of how many doses you have used. Replace the canister when the counter is at zero. Although there is medication left, there is not enough to make sure you get the right dose of medication.

Each canister also has an expiration date printed on it. Do not use the canister if the medication has expired. When the counter reads 020, you should refill your prescription or ask your doctor if you need another one.

Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about when to get new medicines or how to get rid of the old ones.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...