How do I know when it is time to replace my current Advair HFA canister?

The Advair HFA canister has a counter on it that keeps track of how many doses you have used. Replace the canister when the counter is at zero. Although there is medication left, there is not enough to make sure you get the right dose of medication.

Each canister also has an expiration date printed on it. Do not use the canister if the medication has expired. When the counter reads 020, you should refill your prescription or ask your doctor if you need another one.

Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about when to get new medicines or how to get rid of the old ones.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...