How do I know when it is time to replace my current Advair HFA canister?

The Advair HFA canister has a counter on it that keeps track of how many doses you have used. Replace the canister when the counter is at zero. Although there is medication left, there is not enough to make sure you get the right dose of medication.

Each canister also has an expiration date printed on it. Do not use the canister if the medication has expired. When the counter reads 020, you should refill your prescription or ask your doctor if you need another one.

Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about when to get new medicines or how to get rid of the old ones.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...