How is Maxair different from the Maxair Autohaler?

The Maxair inhaler and Autohaler both contain the same medication -- pirbuterol -- but differ in the way that medication is delivered. The Maxair inhaler has to be manually triggered, while the Autohaler automatically releases a measured puff of medication as a person inhales. Both are used to treat asthma or other conditions that interfere with breathing.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...