How long will my child need to take Dulera?

Your child will likely need to take the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) until his doctor feels that his asthma symptoms are under control. At that point, the doctor may switch your child to another type of medicine for asthma control.

Dulera contains two active ingredients, mometasone, an inhaled corticosteroid that reduces airway swelling and inflammation, and formoterol, which belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists (or LABAs) that can relax and open your child's airways to make breathing easier. Together they can prevent wheezing and help to control other symptoms of asthma.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...