How does Atrovent treat emphysema?

Emphysema is a progressive disease of the lungs that causes inflammation and swelling. The inflammation can cause coughing and wheezing that leaves you short of breath. Atrovent (ipratropium) helps relieve those symptoms by opening airways to help you breathe better.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...