How does arformoterol tartrate work?

People with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) have difficulty moving air through their airways while breathing. In COPD, the smooth muscles that control the size of the airways (bronchioles) are contracted. This causes the airways to become narrow and resist the flow of air. Arformoterol binds to those smooth muscles and causes them to relax. The airways open up and air flow increases. This makes it easier for people with COPD to breathe.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...