How should I clean my ProAir inhaler?

You should clean your ProAir inhaler once a week. Follow the manufacturer's directions or these simple steps:
  • Take the canister out of the actuator and remove the cap from the mouthpiece.
  • Run warm water through the actuator for 30 seconds, then wash the actuator again through the mouthpiece.
  • Shake off excess water from the actuator.
  • If you see any buildup in the mouthpiece, wash it again.
  • Let the actuator dry overnight.
  • When the actuator is dry, put the canister back in the actuator. Make sure it fits firmly.
  • Shake the inhaler and spray it twice into the air away from your face.
  • Put the cap back on the mouthpiece.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...