How should I clean my ProAir inhaler?

You should clean your ProAir inhaler once a week. Follow the manufacturer's directions or these simple steps:
  • Take the canister out of the actuator and remove the cap from the mouthpiece.
  • Run warm water through the actuator for 30 seconds, then wash the actuator again through the mouthpiece.
  • Shake off excess water from the actuator.
  • If you see any buildup in the mouthpiece, wash it again.
  • Let the actuator dry overnight.
  • When the actuator is dry, put the canister back in the actuator. Make sure it fits firmly.
  • Shake the inhaler and spray it twice into the air away from your face.
  • Put the cap back on the mouthpiece.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...