Is there a generic version of Xopenex?

Yes, there is a generic version of Xopenex. Brand name Xopenex for nebulization comes in three different strengths and Xopenex HFA inhaler comes in one strength. The generic is available only for the solution for nebulization in the highest strength. Other strengths of the generic may begin to be available after 2012 or 2013. This is because of an agreement the manufacturer of Xopenex has made with generic manufacturers.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...