Can my parent safely use Advair Diskus?

Advair Diskus is safe for your parent to take. Clinical studies of Advair Diskus for asthma did not include enough people aged 65 years and older to say whether older patients with asthma respond differently than younger patients.

As with other medications with similar ingredients, special caution is suggested in older people who also have heart disease. Based on the available data for Advair Diskus, no adjustment of dosage for your parents is suggested.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...