Can I drink alcohol while taking Xolair?

You should not drink alcoholic beverages while taking Xolair (also known as omalizumab) because this medicine can cause dizziness, and alcohol can increase this side effect. You should also avoid driving or other activities that require you to be alert until you know how Xolair is going to affect you.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...