Why would my doctor suggest I take pirbuterol acetate?

Your doctor may prescribe pirbuterol for you if you have asthma symptoms. People with asthma occasionally have problems with breathing, symptoms that include wheezing or shortness of breath. It can also help the symptoms of emphysema and bronchitis. If your doctor has suggested that you use pirbuterol to help with your breathing symptoms, you should remember that this medicine will not cure your disease; it will help treat the symptoms that make you uncomfortable.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...