Do I still need to keep my relief-inhaler nearby if I am taking Advair HFA?

You should keep your relief inhaler nearby and ready to use at all times while taking Advair HFA. The medicines that are in Advair HFA do not work quickly. You can't use them to stop an asthma attack that is already going on or is starting.

Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about when you should be using your relief inhaler. Also, make sure your doctor knows how often you need the extra help to control your asthma symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...