What is the difference between Advair HFA and Advair Diskus?

Advair HFA and Advair Diskus provide different ways to deliver the same mix of drugs that treat severe asthma and chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD). Both contain a combination of a steroid drug (fluticasone) that reduces inflammation in your lungs, and a bronchodilator (salmeterol) that relaxes your airways. In Advair HFA, the inhaler sprays the medicine in an aerosol form, while in Advair Diskus it comes out as a powder.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...