Can I use Dulera if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about whether you should take Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) to treat asthma. There are no good studies looking at the use of Dulera in breastfeeding women. Dulera contains two active ingredients, mometasone, an inhaled corticosteroid, and formoterol, a long-acting beta-agonist (LABA) drug. Some research has found that corticosteroids are excreted into breast milk, although there are no studies showing specifically that mometasone is excreted in breast milk. Similarly, animal studies have shown that formoterol can pass into milk during breastfeeding, but there are no studies in humans that show formoterol is excreted in breast milk. You and your doctor should weigh the potential benefits to you against the possible risks to your baby when deciding whether you should take Dulera while breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...