Can I use Brovana if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking Brovana (arformoterol), a drug prescribed to relax and open the airways in people who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a group of lung problems that includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Animal studies have found that Brovana can pass into breast milk, but doctors aren't sure whether the drug can pass into human milk and harm a nursing infant. You may need to wean your baby before starting treatment with Brovana, but you and your doctor together can determine the best strategy for you.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...