Can I use Arcapta Neohaler if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you're pregnant, planning to become pregnant or nursing, use Arcapta Neohaler only if your doctor believes the relief you'll gain from the medication outweighs the risks. There's no reliable research yet to determine what effects indacaterol, the drug in an Arcapta Neohaler, might have on an unborn baby. In animal studies, indacaterol passes into breast milk, but it's not yet known if this happens in humans, or, if it does, if the drug can harm a nursing baby.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...