Are Advair Diskus and Advair HFA the same medication?

Advair Diskus and the Advair HFA are not the same. They both contain fluticasone and salmeterol, but in different forms and different strengths. Advair Diskus contains the medication as a powder. Advair HFA contains the medication as a liquid suspension.

Advair Diskus is FDA approved for treating both asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (bronchitis and emphysema). Advair HFA is approved only for use in the treatment of asthma symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does ipratropium nasal spray have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nosebleeds, a stuffy nose, and a dry nose, mouth, or throat.  T...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...