What are zileuton extended-release tablets?

Zileuton extended-release tablets release the drug zileuton into the body in two phases, over a period of hours. Zileuton is a prescription medication intended for people with asthma symptoms. It is classified as a leukotriene modifier. Zileuton limits the synthesis of and alters the activity of leukotrienes, which cause constriction in airways and swelling in inflamed tissues. Zileuton causes airways to become more relaxed and allow greater airflow. This drug is sold under the brand name Zyflo CR.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
What medications interact with long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
If you are taking bromocriptine, digoxin, or a theophylline, a long-acting beta-agonist may not be a...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...