What should I know about Combivent before taking it?

You shouldn't take Combivent if you have allergies to peanuts, soybeans, or soya lecithin. Likewise, those with allergies to albuterol or ipratropium, the medications in Combivent, to atropine (Atreza, Sal-Tropine), or to levalbuterol (Xoponex) should not take the medication. Let your doctor know if you have a history of heart disease, diabetes, liver or kidney diseases, epilepsy or other seizure disorders, glaucoma, thyroid disorders, or prostate problems. Any of these conditions may require an adjustment to the standard dosage, or your doctor may want to order tests before prescribing the medication. Even though Combivent employs fluorocarbons, the FDA will maintain "essential use" status of Combivent (ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulfate) Inhalation Aerosol through 2013.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...