Should I use adapalene lotion if I am pregnant?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has given adapalene lotion a Pregnancy Category C rating. Animal studies show that the lotion can cause birth defects and other problems in the developing baby. There are no human studies showing that the medicine is harmful to fetuses. However, there are some reasons to be more concerned about this category of medicines than with Category B drugs. If you're pregnant, you should use adapalene lotion only after carefully considering the risks and benefits.

Continue Learning about Antiacne

How does sulfur help treat acne?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Sulfur is often overlooked in skin care, but is starting to appear in more products, and helps treat...