How do I use clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide?

You should use clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be once daily for Duac and Acanya and twice daily for BenzaClin and its generics. Before applying clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide to your skin, use soap and water to wash your hands and the area that you'll be treating. Dry your skin thoroughly before applying the clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide gel. Use only a thin layer of the gel; if you notice the gel turning white you have used too much. Wipe off any excess gel.

Do not get the medication in your eyes, mouth, nose or the creases of your nose. Do not apply the gel to any open wound or sores, or to any irritated, chapped, broken, sunburned or wind-burned skin. Wash your hands after application and store it at room temperature away from moisture and heat and out of the reach of children and pets.