No, you should not use benzoyl peroxide on children under 12 years of age without talking to your doctor or healthcare provider first. It is a prescription medication and must be very carefully used. This medication can dry the skin or cause peeling. Young children may be more sensitive to this type of prescription medication.
- Q Can benzoyl peroxide have side effects?
- Q What forms of benzoyl peroxide are available?
- Q How long does it take for benzoyl peroxide to work?
- Q How does benzoyl peroxide treat mild acne?
- Q Why is benzoyl peroxide prescribed?
- Q What are some of the brand names for benzoyl peroxide?