When will I see results after taking sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine?

The rate at which results with sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine will show varies from person to person, depending on whether you are taking it for the prevention or treatment of malaria. If you are taking the medication for the prevention of malaria, your results will be continual good health throughout your exposure and afterward. Treatment for malaria should take a relatively short amount of time, especially if it is paired with quinine therapy.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...