What happens if I miss a dose of primaquine?

Because taking all of the medication as prescribed is important for fighting off the parasites causing the malaria, you need to take your medicine as prescribed. However, if you do miss a dose of primaquine, you should take the tablet as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and get back on schedule. Do not take more of the medication at one time than prescribed by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...