What happens if I cannot keep the artemether/lumefantrine tablet down?

Sometimes the artemether and lumefantrine tablet is difficult to swallow. If you need to crush the tablet and mix it with one or two teaspoons of water, you can try that solution. If you do crush the tablet, be sure to drink the mixture right away and then add more water to the glass and drink that, too. If you vomit right after taking the tablet, or within one hour of taking the medicine, you should take another tablet. If you cannot keep that down, be sure and call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...