Do not consume alcohol while you are taking metronidazole or for three days after finishing it. Make sure that foods and medications you eat while taking this medication do not contain alcohol. Avoid missing doses or taking doses out of schedule; in general, you should take metronidazole at the same time every day. You should not stop using this medication before your doctor tells you to do so. Avoid starting new medications or supplements while you are taking metronidazole without first talking with your doctor.
- Q What should I know about metronidazole injection?
- Q What are the side effects of metronidazole?
- Q Does metronidazole injection interact with other medications or foods?
- Q How does metronidazole interact with other medications or foods?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of metronidazole?
- Q Is there a generic version of metronidazole?