First, you must avoid missing any doses of the TB combination drug isoniazid-rifampin (Rifamate). Your doctor should give you a list of foods to avoid if you are taking it. The foods to avoid include: aged cheeses, avocados, bananas, raisins, sour cream, soy sauce, some sausages and meats, including liver, some fish, including, skipjack, tropical fish and tuna, beer and red wine. You should restrict alcohol consumption while taking isoniazid-rifampin, because it boosts your risk for liver problems.
- Q Is isoniazid-rifampin safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women to take?
- Q How soon will isoniazid-rifampin help my symptoms?
- Q What are the side effects of isoniazid-rifampin?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of isoniazid-rifampin?
- Q What are the risks involved in taking isoniazid-rifampin?
- Q How does isoniazid-rifampin react with other drugs or foods?