How can I tell if my P-amino salicylic is still good to use?

Your P-aminosalicylic acid is no longer good to use if the medicine has turned brown or purple. Also, if the package looks swollen, it is not effective and no longer good to use. Make sure you keep it in a cool place away from direct sunlight so it will not change color. Do not expose it to water or moisture. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about safely storing and using your P-aminosalicylic acid.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...