Should I take Aralen if I am pregnant?

The safety of Aralen in pregnancy is unknown. Experts do know that Aralen (chloroquine) can pass from the mother's blood into an unborn baby. There, it can build up in the baby's eyes. It can remain in the baby's eyes for up to five months, until the baby's kidneys can eliminate it from the body. If you are pregnant or become pregnant, call your doctor. You will have to decide whether Aralen's benefits to you outweigh the potential risks to your unborn baby.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 13% of patients experien...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...