What if I miss a dose of nitazoxanide (Alinia)?

Nitazoxanide (Alinia) should be taken with food, every 12 hours for three days to treat diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium and Giardia. It comes in tablet and liquid forms. It is important that you receive every dose of nitazoxanide to get rid of the organism.

If you miss a dose of nitazoxanide take it as soon as you remember. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 13% of patients experien...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...