How soon after taking mefloquine will my symptoms improve?

You may be taking mefloquine to treat or prevent malaria. People taking mefloquine to treat malaria should experience some relief within 48 to 72 hours after their final treatment. You may never experience malaria symptoms if you begin to take mefloquine one week before you are in a malaria-prone environment, and continue to take it while you are there and for four weeks after you leave that environment.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...