What should I know about Biltricide before taking it?

You should not take Biltricide if you are allergic to praziquantel or to any of its other ingredients. You may not be able to take Biltricide if you have ocular cysticercosis, a tapeworm infection of the eye. Make sure that your doctor knows if you have or have ever had heart disease, kidney disease or seizures; if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. You should stop breastfeeding for the day of treatment and for three days after the day of treatment. Biltricide can cause drowsiness. Do not drive or operate machinery or tools on the day of treatment or the day after.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...