If I took proguanil, do I need to wait before getting pregnant?

If you were treated with proguanil while traveling to a foreign country, you should not have to wait to get pregnant. The Centers for Disease Control does not specify any time period that a woman should wait before conceiving. However, you should talk to your doctor about any concerns you have about the medicine remaining in your body. Your doctor can help determine how long it will take to clear your system.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...