How should I receive streptomycin?

Streptomycin can be administered intravenously or intramuscularly. Your doctor will choose the best site for injection, depending on whether you will have a series of injections or just one. If you need multiple injections, your doctor will use multiple sites. For adults, the injection site will likely be in the top of your right buttock or in the middle of one of your thighs. Children will be injected in the thigh, but infants may be injected in the outermost top part of one buttock.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...