Ivermectin is available in tablet form, which is to be taken orally with an eight-ounce glass of water. It should be taken once a day on an empty stomach an hour before your first meal of the day. Ivermectin is most effective when taken exactly as prescribed. Your doctor may prescribe additional doses every three to 12 months afterward to ensure that the infection is treated.
- Q Who should not take ivermectin?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of ivermectin?
- Q What is the proper dosage of ivermectin?
- Q How should I store ivermectin?
- Q Can ivermectin treat other conditions besides infections from worms?
- Q How does ivermectin treat onchocerciasis?