Ivermectin is available in tablet form, which is to be taken orally with an eight-ounce glass of water. It should be taken once a day on an empty stomach an hour before your first meal of the day. Ivermectin is most effective when taken exactly as prescribed. Your doctor may prescribe additional doses every three to 12 months afterward to ensure that the infection is treated.
- Q Are there any risks in taking ivermectin?
- Q How does ivermectin interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Is there a generic version of ivermectin?
- Q What is ivermectin?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of ivermectin?
- Q How does ivermectin treat strongyloidiasis?